There are all kinds of physical and psychosocial symptoms in advanced patients diagnosed with cancer, some patients suffered a sudden stroke .The management of patients is very difficult for physicians, nurses and family of the patient. The following is what the presentation includes:
(1)All the factors will be discussed, which include older age, progressive cancer disease, malnutrition resulted in cachexia, autonomic failure, cognitive disorders, side effects from drugs such as opioids, tricyclic anti-depressants, chemotherapeutics, water electrolytes and acid base disturbances including hypokalemia, hyponatremia, dehydration and multiple organ failure, etc.
(2) The tools, measurements and mechanism will be analyzed.
(3) Therapeutic and prevention will be discussed.
(4) A few cases experience will be shared.
Audience take away:
(1) Understand all the neuropsychiatric symptoms and syndromes from advanced patients diagnosed with cancer;
(2) Work out the measurements and mechanism of neuropsychiatric disorders;
(3) Promotion of intervention studies utilizing pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments for depressive disorders and cognitive disorders in advanced cancer patients;
(4) Encouragement expansion of the focus of such research to other neuropsychiatric disorders.